Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Great news!

Shawn dropped Arianna off at daycare this morning where she proceeded to eat another entire breakfast - I love seeing her eating! She's over the horrible stomach bug she had a few weeks ago (actually, we all had it) and back to eating in full force!

The lady that runs her daycare is a teacher - she still tutors high school students on nights/weekends. She is starting up a preschool program for the 4/5 kids she watches (3 are full time). This morning she told Shawn that Arianna is going to be in a different 'program' than the boys she watches. She's going to be advanced!! She said none of the boys know their ABCs or can count to 10 and they certainly don't sit still through an entire book like she does.

I can't believe I'm hearing this - my little 2 lb. preemie peanut is advanced for her age!! OMG, its music to my ears. I seriously can't stop crying... she continues to amaze me!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

YAH!!!! that is so awesome to hear- congrats mama:)

Btw, saw your comment on my blog about the OT. Have you asked her doc about a referral to a med/private OT? That is the route we are taking at this point. We had the option to try thru the schools, but having 3 go thru school services (all ST, Bella PT as well), we know that they are spread thin, and she probably would not get very frequent services. Just a thought....Ari sound s like Savannah. Probably a weak core. GL! And let me know how gymnastics goes- I've thought of doing that too.

Jennifer said...

She's getting a PT evaluation in a few months so I think we're gonna hold off on anything too agressive until then - I'm hoping gymnastics does her some good too, its a bit sad to see that she is OBVIOUSLY nowhere near what the other kids are doing...

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to the little one! Can't believe that she is 2 already!! Let's get together after your trip!!

Meg

Anonymous said...

As preemie moms we hear so much about where our little ones need to catch up...Nice to hear she's ahead.

Way to go Arianna!! (& Mommy)

Ann