Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 31, 2008

Potty Time!


I was surprised last Tuesday when I picked up Arianna at daycare.

She didn't have any pants on. Actually neither did the other 2 boys there. They were all wearing underwear!

Karah, the teacher has been working on potty training the older boys (3 and close to 3) and has started with her son who is a few months older than Arianna. She had no intention of working with Arianna until she found she was really interested in what the boys were doing.

Now she uses the potty at daycare!

So I broke down and went to Target and bought her 13 pairs of underwear - Dora the Explorer (who she's never seen before but know who she is??!), Minnie Mouse and, of course, Elmo and Zoe.

We locked ourselves in the house this weekend and kept her in underwear almost all day (except nap time). Karah is using the 'timer system' at daycare - putting the kids on the potty every 30 minutes. Friday night I started with Ari and found 30 minutes was too long - so I shortened it to 20 minutes and Saturday she was dry most of the morning. She wouldn't go 'pee pee' in the potty at all. She doesn't mind sitting on the potty though!

She's kinda cute when she has an accident. The underwear are still a bit big on her (the smallest size they had was 2T, which is still too big for her) and they hold nothing and would immediatley end up on the floor when she wet herself. She stands there, looking at it, yelling "OH NO! Oh NO! I made a mess! OH NO! OH NO!". Its incredibly cute, the first few times.

We were vindicated though. Sunday I was visiting with my parents so we could go to the wake of an extended family member and Arianna did #2 in the potty!! I was so excited for her and she was too! I got her an Elmo sticker and she was so proud of herself!

I hope today marks another good potty day at daycare and that she'll soon transfer that to home. I'm still in awe that she JUST turned 2 and is getting this already - she continues to amaze me!

No comments: