Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I don't like babies...

Yesterday I was on the phone with my best friend and we were talking about our kids - as usual. I could hear her little guy making all kinds of baby racket in the back groun - so much better than the usual screaming and crying I hear.

We got to talking about the problems I've been having in my pregnancy and about babies and we both came to the same conclusion.

We don't like the 'baby stage'.

Arianna's reflux, failure to thrive, failure to breastfeed, developmental delays and constant illness for her first 16 months were very draining on me. I dreaded having to stay home with her when she was sick because I knew what the day was going to consist of - her throwing up and screaming the majority of the day. It was very stressful and I hated that I had no control - I couldn't make it better.

Kathy's little guy had severe food allergies and reflux and was colicky for 12 months. What was worse for her is that she was a stay at home mom with no car during the day the entire time.

I want nothing more than a perfectly boring pregnancy but I'm not getting it. I want nothing more than a kid that doesn't require NICU time and will actually breastfeed... and I want nothing more than to be able to keep this one out of daycare. We're working on the last one but the other 2 are out of my control - and I hate that.

No comments: