Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 07, 2008

I've been productive!

You'll remember from this post that I had my weekend retreat this past weekend.

I had an OB appointment to get my first 17P shot in the morning but then I drove home and my friend Becca picked me up and we started our trek up to Madison, NH to Purity Springs Resort.

Its not surprising to me how much stuff I had to bring but it would be surprising to some people to see that the two of us packed Becca's Civic to the hilt - she could barely see out her back windows with all our bags!

We stopped somewhere off the highway for lunch and arrived at the resort for 2 PM. We checked in and immediately drove over to the hall where we would do our cropping. I was really amazed at the number of people you can cram into a hall this size. There were at least 80 people in our room and there were another 2 halls of smaller size with another 45 people - amazing!

We each had 12 sq. ft. of space to work on at brand new solid wood tables - I hope they get better chairs for next year. There were also several local vendors there selling stuff to those of us that can't resist new papers or stickers (like me...).

The retreat was all inclusive and the food was awesome - I really have to stop stuffing my face. Vacation is OVER! Yikes. I was good, at least, and enjoyed lots of salad (in addition to the yummy blueberry pie :( ).

Our room was nice but sleeping was a little rough. I opted for the bed closest to the bathroom but it was a bunk bed and I've started getting bad leg cramps at night so I was jumping out of bed real quick to get out the cramp and I hit my head on the top bunk twice... ouch!

Otherwise I was very productive - I completed 50 pages! I have enough pictures, however, for an additional 200 pages! I hope to have them done before the end of the summer - I think this is very wishful thinking though.

On the bright side Becca and I both put down deposits for next April's retreat - I'll need it when I'm home with 2 kids!

1 comment:

WeeOnesMommy said...

SO glad you had fun and I want to go next year... Remember I got 3 kids so I need to go more then you.. Ha HA HA and Chuck already said GO!!!!!

So give me the details and me and my friend will sign up to go..

Jess