Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 23, 2007

And we go round and round and round and...

Yesterday was quite possibly the worst day we've had since I went part time at work. She's sick, which I can understand so the rest of this is really just me venting.

She was cranky all day. She has a stomach bug (I think) and was running a slight fever (99.9) so she wouldn't drink bottles (of anything, even pedialyte) but she would eat. Problem was she'd throw it up. After breakfast (rice and oatmeal cereal with some peaches, mixed with mama milk) I gave her her Axid (reflux med) and some infant robitussin. She's been hacking up a storm. Well she wasn't prepared to swallow or whatever so she threw it up, Axid...cereal...robitussin. Well, I know she didn't get any of the medicines so I attempted to give her them again... and she threw up again. I was in tears at this point because she's screaming the entire time and throwing a fit and all I want is for her to feel better and stop being whiny baby. At that point I kinda gave up on the medicine figuring I didn't want to over-medicate her... and I called my mom and all I could do when she said hello was scream "WE ARE _NOT_ HAVING A GOOD MORNING HERE!"... she chuckled.

So I give her a bath and change her clothes and attempt to rock her to sleep (mind you, she didn't sleep at all the night before), and she did seem to fall asleep. So I put her in the crib, turned on her AngelCare Monitor and quickly jumped in the shower. No sooner did I rinse my hair do I hear her screaming. Knowing she would be like that all day I finished my shower, dried off quickly and got to her room to find she had thrown up (surprise)... so another bath and outfit and new bed linens... and one frayed mommy. I attempted to give her a bottle and she would have none of that and wouldn't sit on the floor alone. Even holding her and just walking wasn't working. Tylenol was given and she calmed down for a little bit, so I put her on the floor to play with some toys again. She whined and complained the rest of the morning.

Lunch time... dad came home for lunch and she was being cute. The second he leaves bedlam ensues and I had had enough. I did something I swore I would never do... I put her in the swing and put a baby einstein video on repeat! Gasp!

There she stayed for more than an hour allowing me to wash some clothes and clean up the kitchen area. It was wonderful. She was being so good for the remainder of the afternoon - but she did not sleep. By 4 PM she had only had 10 oz. of milk and I knew she needed to sleep so I called Shawn and told him after dinner we would go for a drive, she always sleeps well in the car - especially with her new Britax car seat (Shannon print).

I was able to make dinner while Arianna played in her jumper or in her exersaucer.

The macaroni and cheese turned out great! I had to add some salt to the cheese mixture as the mustard just made it too tangy. Next time I'll have to add more cheese as it seemed to dry out a bit.

The cherry chocolate crisp turned out great too - and I was super skeptical about it, but boy oh boy was it tasty!

Arianna ate just a half a jar of baby food for dinner and had another 4 ounces of mama milk and we decided a car ride was what she needed.

Snow... yes, the winter that never was decided to snow. Big flakes too, but we decided we'd head out anyway. We drove around for an hour and she slept about 40 minutes of that. As soon as we got home I changed her into a sleeper and handed her to daddy with a bottle and went back to pump.

By 9 o'clock I was in bed, exhausted and Dad and Ari watched Easy Rider. Dad had trouble getting her to go to bed (which woke me up a few times but without enough motivation to actually get up and help LOL), but by 11 PM she was asleep!

...and she slept all night...

I hope she's good for grandma today. Sent her off with her albuterol/spacer, tylenol, robitussin and 3 bottles. I'll be shocked if she drinks them all.

No comments: