Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

New Counter

I placed a very monumental counter in the header section today.

As of today, February 21, there are only 27 days until I can stop pumping (hopefully).

Arianna's 1 year old pediatrician appintment is March 19th and I plan on stopping pumping after we get the OK from her doctor. Although Arianna still has reflux and is still on medicine for it she seems to tolerate dairy pretty well - since my parents have been watching her she's been getting increasing amounts of ice cream every day (her ped actually said it was good for her, my dad loves giving it to her and she can't get enough of it), and tolerating it very well.

So I hope the transition to dairy goes smoothly because I am so very ready to detach myself from the danm pump! I want my boobies back! I want my free time back! I want to stop washing pump parts every day!

Ok, vent over. I see I failed to mention how very proud of myself I am - pumping for an entire year... wow.

Arianna being a preemie was traumatic enough but her not being able to breastfeed was by far the hardest thing for me to deal with. I tried for 18 weeks to get her to latch and she never got it - and at the end I didn't even want to pump anymore and even once called my preemie princess a 'retard' out of frustration. I cried so hard after I made that comment, it was so unfair to her, it wasn't her fault - but I realized that I would not be able to maintain my sanity if I kept trying to get her to feed at the breast, so a life of pumping began.

And I am very ready for it to end.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are going to be shocked at how free you feel when you stop pumping. I couldn't believe how much time it took up when I stopped pumping for Margaret (only 9 months here). It was great to have that time back.

Now I'm already ready to stop pumping for William. But I think he is going to be able to nurse! He has taken two whole feeds from the breast today!

Must be a princess thing... not wanting to nurse. :)