Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 09, 2007

My Pride and Joy


I have so many things to be proud of, but today I am very proud of my husband.

He is finishing up his last few days at a job he loves and has enjoyed for 4 years. I can't believe how fast the time flew!

He is very sad to leave but for a variety of reasons (mostly professional development concerns) he knows he needs to move on.

His new job will require a much longer commute and more responsability but the pay raise more than makes up for it!

He is aprehensive and not super excited about starting a new job but he is getting ready with quiet anticipation.

I know embarking on something new is never easy and I am oh so proud of him for taking this leap!

Now onto my joy...

It couldn't be more obvious that its my daughter - she is the reason I wake up in the morning and the reason I rush home at night. She is the most amazing thing to happen to me since January 4th, 2003 (my wedding day) and although my life is so different I wouldn't want it any other way.

She's starting to talk up a storm now and is getting closer and closer to walking - she pushes stuff all around the house we're just waiting for those first few steps of freedom!

She knows all she has to do is hold her hands above her head and look at mommy and say 'oOooo!' and she can get whatever she wants - even better if she lets us sleep 'til 7 AM!

Another joy is my first weekend away from her!

Tomorrow morning I take off for New Orleans and I can't wait! I'll have pictures for everyone when I return! Have a great weekend, I hope I do!

1 comment:

Kym said...

Congrats to your husband. Hope you have a great trip!