Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 06, 2007

Screaming...



Arianna is in a new communication stage... one that I do not like at all. Screaming.

She screams whenever she wants something or something is not going her way. On the plus side, in this stage she is finally 'mommy's girl' and wants to be near me vs. anyone else. Normally this would bug people but Arianna has always been daddy's girl or grandma/grandpa's girl - never mommy's girl... so that part is nice. But the problem is that if I put her down to do something she screams... a high pitched, shrill scream.

It runs up my spine the same way seeing a snake cross my path does. It gives me a headache and I can't help put want to scream back at her. I'm trying to do the whole 'use your inside voices' thing but my patience is running thin...

Anyone have experience with this?

On a whole this summer has been amazing with her - she's growing by leaps and bounds and is in general a pretty happy kid. She's definitely a girl though.

My friend Megan has two cute kids - Brendan is her oldest and he's a great kid, very laid back and social. Katie is a few months older than Arianna and equally as cute, but she's definitely a girl... Meg, you'll laugh at this. After she had Brendan Shawn asked how many kids they'd have... Meg answered with 'as many as possible!'. After Katie was born it was changed to ... 3 kids, we want 3 kids. At Brendan's birthday party she joked that they wouldn't have any more kids because if they had another girl her husband would just about die!

I had to chuckle when she said this. Girls can be a handful. I'm not saying boys can't be, but the majority of parents I've talked to have said boys were just easier as infants...

That's the only hope we cling to in the thoughts of having more kids... that the next one is a healthy (not preemie!) boy...

Of course, thats if we dare try again...

2 comments:

Kym said...

oh no the yelling!!!! My daughter does that too. It is the one thing that I really feel like I am going to lose my mind over. It is so loud and makes my head pound. She has gotten alot better. I just started walking out of the room and acting like I could not hear her. Not easy to do.

I know what you mean about the baby thing. I am scared to try again.
Take care!

Mrs. Dingle said...

Oh, I have the boy that will not be put down. There is no screaming, just a lot of "Muh, muh" in the most whiney voice ever. And if I don't respond to that, crying will begin. Today I had to put him in his crib at lunch time, so I could cut-up his food while using two hands. I do know that it will get better, my oldest son also went through this. At 4 he no longer wants to be held all the time :).
I know what you mean about the baby fever. We are done having kids, but... There is still a part of me that wants to have a full pregnancy. You know - finish what I started.