Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 31, 2007

Sorry for the delay!

I've been lacking for the last week or so - sorry for the delay. I have no excuse other than forgetting and being busy.

My work has had me busy on a new project since my last post so I haven't had much time to make entries. It's nearly done so I'll be back to more regular updates soon!

This week we FINALLY got our basement re-carpeted. You may remember my post about my finished basement flooding earlier this year. Well... we finally saved up enough money to get it re-carpeted.

My husband's new job is awesome. The pay raise is nice... but we won't see it until January or so. We sat down last night to go over our new budget and found that due to his vacation in October and our vacation in November we have to save up money to cover his pay those weeks as he's still a contractor and won't have vacation time. So due to that and christmas we won't see any increase in our savings or debt pay off until January.

Arianna is doing well - turning into a real drama queen and she just makes us laugh. This coming week is the last week with our nanny Janice. I'm sorry to see her go as having her has been wonderful for us but I'm also looking forward to getting our permanent nanny Sarah - we have many things planned for Arianna this fall - Kindermusik and baby gym classes etc. I hope she enjoys them! We're still not walking or anywhere close to it. I'm out of ideas on how to help her with that. She'll walk holding both our hands but even that is touch and go as she usually turns into 'rubber legs' laughs and sits down... advice needed please!!

We got our new cat Misty and are slowly introducing her to the house and our routines but she's still very spooked. They're installing the carpet today and Misty is in one of the rooms in the basement so I imagine she will be VERY spooked when I get home.

Have a great weekend everyone - I hope to update more on Monday!

No comments: