Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

They're home!!!

I was so excited to drive to the airport to pick them up last night!

I waited at the exit and watched as Shawn entered the glass elevator pulling Ari's car seat behind him. I motioned for him to turn it around and watched as the elevator came down and watched Arianna's face when she saw me. Pure puzzlement! I almost didn't recognize her - she'd only been gone a week! She looked so much older/tired/hungry and dirty... what a hard day of traveling for them!

I had dinner preped and on the stove so I got her inside, turned on the stove and hurried her back to her room to change her out of her clothes and put on a new diaper. I nibbled on her tummy and she squealed. Took off her clothes, sat her up and brought the onsie to her head.

Stop right there!

She's thinner... alot thinner it seems. I can see every nitch in her spine and her ribs. Shawn said she ate well during the trip. I made pasta with cheese and a jar of baby food for her dinner and she didn't touch much of it. She was in bed at 9 PM and the nanny just sent me an email (as of 10 AM) that she was still sleeping.

She's very happy to be home and I'm very happy to have her home - I missed her so badly!

I think I'm going to arrange for Sarah to take her to her pediatricians office this week for a weight check...

No comments: