Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Evolution of the human mind

Being a mom is pretty cool most days. Arianna is becoming much more independent and equally frustrated with her lack of independence (what do you mean I can't pull all the knives out of the butcher block, Mama?!). I'm so amazed by everything she is learning and doing.

Arianna's second birthday is a little less than a month away. She is roughly 21 months adjusted today but I've been trying to drop the 'adjusted age' for a little while now (its just too confusing to keep track of!). She's learned so much!

  • She knows her ABCs
  • She colors well with regular crayons
  • She's eating very well now
  • She has several phrases and multi-syllable words
  • She's learning her shapes (loves triangles, oddly)
  • She'll sit through books for children age 36+ months
  • She'll go back to her room and flip through books by herself
  • She knows quite a bit of sign language and uses it regularly! (table, chair, swing, cup and some others I can't remember right now - I'm amazed!)
  • She says thank you regularly now (although often inappropriately)
  • She says sorry when she knows she's done something wrong (at least I hope its because she knows she was bad!)
I'm truly amazed at everything my pint sized peanut can do! Even with a grade II brain bleed (which we didn't learn about until after she came home!) she is amazing me in so many ways. She has her own cute personality and is very charming. Yesterday I went shopping with my mom and Arianna was going through the racks saying "oh, thats cute!" to everything she touched. She'd run through the store giggling up a storm - and everyone commented on how darling she was.

I know, I don't need anyone to tell me that - every day I tell myself how lucky I am to be her mom.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

WOW! Congrats Jen! She sounds very on track for her age!!!! You have done a wonderful job with her:) She actually sounds ADVANCED for her age. How cool.