Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 16, 2008

My name is Jen and I have a problem...

I have a problem. I think first and foremost my problem is that I chose scrapbooking to obsess over and pour my creative thinking into. It used to be needlepoint (and I still do that, only sparingly which is why Arianna's very elaborate birth announcement piece is STILL less than 50% done), and it didn't 'move fast enough' for me so I took up scrapbooking.

A sub component of scrapbooking is photography - you need pictures to scrapbook and I'm obsessive about my photography.

I'm trying, very hard, to pick pictures for my scrapbooking retreat. I'm not touching Arianna's NICU photos as I need more time to emotionally deal with them - so I'm dealing with roughly 1 year and 7 months of photos that I need to pick through.

I took over 4,000 photos people... and 90% of this was BEFORE getting the good camera.

I think I'll need two months just to weed through photos never mind planning layouts... I'm exhausted just THINKING about it!

6 comments:

Sally said...

You crack me up! I go into a craft store and obsess over yarn. I have tons of unfinished projects, but wouldn't it be so cool to get some new yarn to make something with???

WeeOnesMommy said...

I'm jealous.. I didn't know they had retreats like this.. WHERE?? WHEN?? I want to go.. OMG I'd be in my glory..

I hope you have a wonderful time.. This is something I'd have to look into.. Never heard of them and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to scrapbook too..

talk to you soon
jess

~Denise~ said...

Have a fun time at your retreat!

Ps. I can't recall where I found your blog from. I've got an Ariana too.

Jennifer said...

Jess - I wouldn't have known about it either, my friend told me about it. She's been on two and loves them.

A good place to look for them is in the creating keepsakes magazine - you should get it. Most of it is just a big advertisement for way too expensive scrap products but they do have some neat stuff in there too. I found my monthly scrap club in there and i love it!

Anonymous said...

Would you ever consider scrapbooking your needlework (smaller pieces perhaps)? I'm looking for crafters who do this as I am one of the few and would like to find others.

Jessica said...

I just went on my first scrapbooking retreat and it was awesome!!! Have fun!!