Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 16, 2005

I'm boring now

Well...

I managed to finish all of my classes and graduate. Still can't believe I'm done. It'll settle in soon I suppose.

To celebrate I took some time off from life. I worked Monday - Wednesday last week but did lunch with the folks at the hospital I used to work at on Wednesday, it was a good time catching up with all of them.

Thursday was 'cat' day. I took Trina to the groomer in the morning. It was quite the experience:

Katrina is a great cat (when she's not messing on my furnitue ;) ), very loving and lots of fun. She's also very fat! I've had her on restrictive diet food but nothing seems to be helping her lose weight. She's also VERY active for a cat as large as her. But due to her size (a friend asked me last week if she was pregnant!), she has a hard time cleaning 'her nether' regions. I've been cleaning them with baby wipes as much as I can - but she smells!

So I decided to take her to a referred dog/cat grooming place. I should have known!

Stepping inside the waiting area (if thats what you want to call it) there were no seats and no place to put cat carriers, so she went on the floor - looking very confused and nervously at meowmy as the big dogs came in and out. I filled out paperwork and waited for 'the cat groomer' to come out to the waiting area.

let me tell you - I've rescued cats in quieter places than this place! I hope they have the cats in another area of this large building because all you could hear was dogs barking and water running! Not the place for a pretty kitty like my Trina Bina.

I was about to walk away with her when the cat lady mentioned she also has many knots in her fur in her hind quarter area and they may need to be cut out. Well, I'm not going to be the one doing that - I have a hard enough time cutting her nails. So I know its good for her to get cleaned up. They're going to shave her hind area so that the litter box contents don't stick to her like they have been - this is a good thing. No more smelly Trina Bina.

But I'm sick with guilt and worry at leaving her there! They said I can pick her up at 3 PM!!!!!!! My poor baby is going to be in this noisy converted garage with lots of doggies barking ALL DAY!

She's going to have to have this done again in a few months, but there is NO WAY on God's green earth I'm bringin her there again - and I will drive ANYWHERE to keep her from being traumatized like I know she is right now!

Can anyone recommend a good cat only, cat friendly groomer in the eastern CT, RI or central/eastern MA area?

What's better than this? TiSan goes to the vet this afternoon too. Just what I need - both my cats hating me! :(

Follow Up:


Got a great lunchtime treat - was able to pick Trina up at noon. Brought TiSan to the vet, and now I won't see him for another 2 days. When the two of them finally see each other they'll hiss for sure - they both smell wierd now!

Katrina did great at the groomers! She was a perfect little lady they told me. When I went to pick up the place was dead quiet with no cars in the parking lot - apparantly it was the morning rush that caused the commotion. It had been pretty quiet for a few hours.

They were able to get all the knots out of her fur and shave her hind quarters and gave her a bath with something that smells wonderful! They even put a cute little green scarf on her! She was a good girl.

I asked the vet if he knew of any groomers, and they don't. But they did mention they thought there was a travelling groomer in the area that works out of an RV. I'll look into that for next time.

TiSan did great at the vet. I have an appointment for him on the 28th, he'll get some blood work to see if he'll be ok for anestesia for a dental. I"m sure he'll be fine, but it sure was nerve racking getting him into the carrier and to the vet. I hate seeing him so distressed!

Friday I spent at Jumptown with Belinda - got in 3 great jumps. Saturday was supposed to be crappy, but the afternoon turned out to be pleasantly nice despite what the weather guys had said. I swear, no one can be as wrong as the weatherman and still have a job!!!! I would have been jumping if I knew the weather was going to be nice!!!

Instead I met up with my friend Neha from High School. I haven't seen her in many years and she just started her medicine internship at a hospital in central MA - not far from Jumptown actually. We went to an Indian restaurant and had some really great food - I'll definitely try them again. I left her place about 8:30 and drove directly to Darius' house for a 'tea party' ;) with Belinda and him. Got to meet his friend from out of town too - seems like a really great guy, he wants to learn how to skydive too - which is why it was great that we decided to drive up to Jumptown on Sunday and see if we couldn't get some jumps in...

which we didn't... of course.


But on the way home Belinda and I stopped at Cold Stone ice cream shop - that was a very different experience. I'm sure I'd try it again sometime with Shawn, I bet he'd love it.

Got home and got some much needed housework out of the way. Can't wait to get the house back in order. IT's going to be great to have my nights free from school work responsabilities!

Today was my first day of full time work (taking a break from it now ;)).
I'm a grown up - wow... this is what it feels like...

No comments: