Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 19, 2005

A few days of peace...

I'm enjoying a few days of freedom.

The husband is gone for close to a week! He took koff at 4 AM on Wednesday for the annual HAM Radio convention in Dayton, OH. I had planned to go with him and stay with his family in Kentucky, but with starting the new job and all it just made sense for me to stay home (plus, I'll get to jump this weekend! ). Let's just say it is a nice change!

I got up on time yesterday and went to work after a really nice breakfast yesterday and headed to my cardiologists appointment about noon.

I used to work at the hospital my doctors are at and its changed so much in the year I've been gone. There is a new parking garage and emergency department and the public parking lot is currently a dirt filled lot. Figuring out where to park was interesting...

Got into my appointment no problem, and on time for once. Dr. Kirk (he's a funny guy I'm trying to get to do a tandem hehe) greeted me with his usual "jump out of any planes lately?" - to which I gave my typical reply "as often as possible!". Everything was fine with my defibrillator since last time (there's never any change) and we agreed that if I really want to put off having the device changed out in the fall I can. I'll just continue to monitor it and if it shows any signs of failure (its been voluntarily recalled by the company that made it) then I'll have to have it changed out ASAP. I think I'm ok with this option - I've had two devices, both of which have been recalled now and it hasn't even been 5 years yet! He's ok with it, and well, so am I. And on the plus side, my QTc is down to .575 hehe, not that it matters, its still long...

Got home from work about 5 PM and made a nice dinner: Sweet Potatoe fries (that I burned, but they were still good), chicken burger w/ cheese and snow peas. Yum! Finished organizing some of my scrapbooking supplies and then headed over to my brothers place to watch the 2 hour episode of ALIAS.

That show is great! This season has been a little bit off the wall. They must have gotten new writters cause the dialog and story line are really off this season. But... this episode was good. They brought back Syd's mom and answered a bunch of questions concerning that - and the ending had them skydiving! How cool is that? It was pretty believable too!

So, got home about 11:30 PM and was locked out of the house. I really need to get a key to the back door! I completely understand the woman that lives downstairs locking the door - she has a small child. Its just that it always happens to me! It never happens to Shawn and he's the one with the key!

I've got my chiropractor appointment this afternoon and then I'm meeting my friend Karen for dinner - I think we're going to do Thai food. Never had it before, sounds good!

No comments: