Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Car seat craziness...


So, the wonderful 'free' car seat I got a few weeks ago turned out to be not as wonderful as I thought... I even spent good money to have a custom car seat cover made for it and the seat won't work, ugh!!

Arianna is now too big for her infant seat - so it was time to transition to the toddler seats and sure enough the buckle was broken. So I did some research and found that Britax makes a seat that is sold under the fisher price label, with a much more affordable price - good news!

The Boulevard in my car, pictured above, is an amazing seat but at almost $300 her back up seat (which is replacing the infant seat) is not worth paying that much again.

So we bought this one and it arrived today - when I get home it should be sitting on our back deck.

This seat is similar to the Britax Marathon seat and will be the nanny's car seat and our back-up.

This still left one small problem - my mom will no longer have a car seat for use in her car for the day she watches Arianna and the afternoon the nanny drops her off there. So in comes the Scenera for my moms car. At only $60 its a great value and rates very well in child safety.

So now, our daughter has 3 different car seats. That's so crazy! But at least she's well protected.

The best part of the new one that arrived today? That custom car seat cover still fits - its so darned cute too, I'll have to take a picture for you to see!

Now we just need to replace all the money in our savings...grr...

No comments: