Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 16, 2007

Walking...almost, not quite


Arianna has always 'tested developmentally delayed' due to her gross motor skills.

She's always behind.

She didn't start crawling until a week after her first birthday, right about the same time she pulled herself to a stand.

She's been walking, supported, since before she could crawl.

3 weeks ago she took 4 steps, for daddy, all by herself.

Apparantly the shock of doing so was too much - she got a horrified look on her face, promptly sat down and screamed for 10 minutes.

Now we can't even get her to stand up, let alone walk supported.

I didn't walk until I was 19 months but I don't want to see that happen to Arianna... I also didn't learn to ride a bike until I was almost 8 - always been sort of timid about stuff like that. You'd never know it now that I skydive though...

I think a call to PT is in order...

2 comments:

Laura said...

then i won't tell you that daniel didn't walk until 30 months...obviously developmentally delayed but that has yet to stop him as he runs, jumps, flips somersaults, headstaqnds and climbs everywhere scaring all the other mommies and as he starts kindergarten in one month, right on track with his chronological peers i might add.

Jennifer said...

Oh ya, I'm not worried, just impatient I guess.

She just laughs, actually puts herself in hysterics whenever we try to get her to stand... its funny but frustrating (ok, more funny).