Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Does premature birth run in your family?

Premature birth runs in my family - My grandmother had many problems
carrying to term resulting in several deaths, I was born at 30 weeks,
my brother at 34 weeks and my daughter at 28 weeks.

There is a study at Washington University School of Medicine that is
recruiting people that have a familial history of preterm birth.

If you have a familial history PLEASE sign up for the study. It
involves 2 parts - a questionnaire and a DNA sample (via saliva).

http://fetalstudy.wustl.edu/fetal/fetalp.nsf/

I hope you can all agree that it would give all preemie moms great joy
to know they helped further the study of why preterm birth occurs and
possibly find an answer!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

YES! thank you for the link!