Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 14, 2008

Season of change

The last few days have been surreal here. I really feel like I'm living an out of body experience.

Yesterday Arianna ate pineapple at lunch and refried beans and hamburger at dinner. This morning she had blueberries with her cherrios and baked fish at dinner. Then she proceeded to grab my hand, wave at Dad while saying "bye bye! nigh nigh dada!" and pull me back to her bedroom so I could lift her up into her crib for bed. She wouldn't even let me read her bed time story.

What kid tells you when they want to go to bed and goes from eating NOTHING to eating everything in just a few days? I really am living in a surreal world here.

To top it off... she hasn't had Prevacid in 3 days (mostly due to us forgetting with all the food changes) and hasn't complained.

To add to the mass confusion here my mother dropped a bomb on us. When Ari was super sick in daycare last year my parents graciously took her in for 7 weeks while we got her through the winter and gaining weight again.

When it was time to send her back to daycare my mom requested one day a week - she wanted to watch her granddaughter one day. Ok... sounds good to us.

Then we took her out of daycare and hired a nanny - Mom still wants to watch her so we found a nanny that only worked 4 days a week and we LOVE Sarah! Well... last week my Mom said she wasn't going to watch her anymore - totally out of the blue. No "I'll watch her until you can find other arrangements", no "I just need a few weeks off" just that she couldn't watch her anymore.

I know I should be thankful for all time she has watched her but I'm very resentful of this sudden change in plans... so I've been calling around trying to find some place to take her for 1 day. I'd actually like her to get interaction with other kids and Monday would be a good day of the week for that - long time to recover from illness' she's bound to get.

But every place has a 2 day minimum!

I put an add on craigslist and a lady with a licensed home based daycare replied. She has a little boy that's just a little older than Arianna and on Monday's she also watched another little boy just a few weeks younger than Arianna - so she'd get to play with two kids - how fun!

We're going to interview her on Saturday and hope for the best!

I need some antacids... I can't take all this change anymore.

2 comments:

abby said...

Hey, Jen, can you or Arianna send some change our way? After a SPECTACULAR Saturday, we had a three-vomit Sunday, followed by a one-vomit Monday, and at last count, a one-vomit Tuesday (this one caused by excessive nanny-induced laughing; it sucks that you can't bounce and play with Hallie too much or she loses her cookies. Oh wait: I forgot--she can't eat cookies. Loses her puree, then. Can you tell we're back to where we were before Saturday?

Anyway, I hope that your experience was trend setting and if it ends up correlating to major snow storms in New England, send some our way. If not, we're happy to have skirted them.

Off to quit procrastinating (AGAIN).

Lori said...

Oh my gosh!!! Congrats! How amazing is that? Enjoy! Enjoy!!!