Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 24, 2008

2 months...

Daria hit 2 months this week. She weighs in at 12 lbs. 8 oz. and growing - don't know how long she is but I suspect she's not in the 85th percentile for her height like she is for weight. The 6th month clothes she fits into are too long.

She's nearly got the 'holding my head up' thing going on and is smiling and cooing at us when she's not screaming... which is often.

Tuesday we went to the GI clinic and saw the same GI doctor that took care of Arianna and he remembered us, which was nice. We put Daria back on the Prevacid but this time at an appropriate dose - a full half a tablet instead of the wierd thing the pediatrician had us doing.

And she hasn't stopped screaming since. No lie.

The Pepcid was sort of working for her - she wasn't totally happy but she wasn't screaming for hours on end. We had such good luck with prevacid that I really wanted to believe it was the best choice - but its obvious its not. My poor baby was up all night long. I slept from 11 PM to 1:30 AM but then hubby had to sleep so I was up the rest of the night with her - she was totally miserable, poor thing... poor us too.

This morning was a disaster - Daria was screaming none stop, Arianna had ripped off all her clothes and was running through the house (and mind you it was in the 30s last night and we haven't turned on our heat yet) and annoying the crap out of me... it was bad. I even called my parents up to complain.

After a call to the pediatrician (who got on the phone super quickly when the receptionist heard DeDe screaming) we are putting her back on the pepcid and increasing the dose a bit. It's not the ideal situation but it may be the best we get. The GI doc did remind me we'll probably be dealing with this for at least the next 4 months... lovely. I just hope she doesn't suffer for 2 years like Arianna did.

My mom is on her way to the hospital to have the PICC line removed after her 6 weeks of antibiotics treatment and they said they would come down and take Arianna for the night...

Daria fell asleep after I hung up the phone and has been sleeping since... and now Arianna is down for a nap... and I feel guilty for making my parents (neither of whom are working right now) spending the gas money to drive down here... but Shawn won't be home until 8 PM tonight (dinner out with friends, must be nice...) and I'd really welcome a break from 'the toddler'...

This 'stay at home mom' thing is really hard some days. I still love it, but its hard some days.

1 comment:

Jen said...

We took our baby, Brooke, to the chiropractor to help with reflux and we noticed a definite improvement! If the spine is out of whack, it can compress nerves that control the muscles in the esophagus that let liquid/food come back up...something like that anyway. You should really give it a try! All the chiro did really was massage her back and stretch her out a bit...no snapping or cracking or anything scary like that, lol. I was a bit skeptical having never even been to the chiropractor myself, but I figured it was worth a shot! Good luck! We went through screaming fits in the evenings for awhile and it was the pits...I can't imagine all day long!