Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 03, 2008

Getting Serious...

So I've made the decision to get more serious about my photography. I actually made the decision last year but I couldn't decide what the best avenue would be.

So last night I attended my first camera club meeting with a local camera club. It was the second time in 6 weeks I'd actually left the house without my babies... it was awesome! hehe

Although everyone is an amateur they are all really fantastic photographers and I am really looking forward to learning more from them.

This weekend they are sponsoring a photo marathon/contest for fall photos and the prize is a large gift certificate to a local camera store - I can hear a Tamron 17-55mm lens calling my name! LOL

They participate in lots of contests for the new england camera club council and plan field trips and studio time (for those of us unlucky enough to not have our own studio...). I'm really looking forward to learning more and honing my skills.

It's so nice to be doing something for me again!

No comments: