Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 06, 2008

I have a good reason...

Yes, the past week has been sparse for posts but I have a good reason. We had Daria's "sip n' see" on Sunday - it was an 'open house' style party where all our friends and family who hadn't met her yet could come by and meet her and share in some food (really good food too...like canoli's... yum!). We sent out invitations with the birth announcements about a month ago.

It was in place of the 'after party' you would typically have after a christening... since we're not getting the girls christened in the catholic church, much to my parents/families dismay. At least they've stopped harassing me about it though...

But in order to make it to Sunday there was a TON of stuff that needed to get done. We had to clean first and foremost - and this is something that hadn't really been done since before I went on bedrest like 4 months ago! So there was alot to do. We also had to finish Daria's nursery which was a feat in and of itself, trust me! So we (ok, mostly myself) were incredibly busy and this left no time for blogging, or checking email for that matter... I'm almost under 400 emails now, its progress!

So anyway, here are before, during and after pictures of Daria's nursery (click on them to see them bigger). I have to say I'm really pleased with how it turned out and my family is convinced I should be an interior decorator now LOL!

Before

During and...

After










Now if I could only get her to sleep in it, it would be the 'ideal' room (eye roll)...

No comments: