Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 20, 2008

1 month old

Daria is a month old now and I brought her to the pediatrician for her 1 month appointment and...

...drum roll please...

... she's weighing in at 10 lbs. 5 oz.! What a moose! She's sitting in at the 90th percentile! I love it!! Obviously nothing is going wrong with breastfeeding as far as weight gain is concerned. She still has reflux (duh), but we'll be doubling her Zantac dose as she's technically too young to put on Prevacid yet. If it doesn't help we'll get a referral to the GI group Arianna was just released from. They were great with giving us Prevacid ASAP - didn't ask more than two questions before giving it to us, just hope it'll be that easy with Daria as I hate to see her scream and cry while nursing and the fact that she smells like throw up all day - poor kid. Otherwise she's doing great. While waiting for the pediatrician to come in I had her on the table on her tummy (which helps with her screaming) and she rolled over! her head control is getting so much better too - she's holding it up for longer and longer periods of time.

This is all really exciting for me because we waited for what felt like YEARS for Arianna to do even these small things, so its wonderful to have a baby that is doing it so much earlier!

I don't know if I'll ever get used to this...

2 comments:

Laura said...

one month already? good lord, time flies! what a cutie she is.

Jen said...

WTGrow! She's so cute. I followed your blog through your pregnancy (someone linked me to it b/c I was also diagnosed with incompetent cervix). I'm so happy that Daria is doing so well! My son, Ryan, just turned 5. He was a 23 5/7 weeker. He spent 6 months in the NICU and he is STILL behind developmentally (but doing GREAT). I just had my baby girl in March at 27 4/7 weeks and what a difference. She only spent 7.5 weeks in the hospital. Even though she was so early, she is so much like having a full term baby. Developmentally she's falling right in between her real age and adjusted age, whereas Ryan was behind for even his adjusted age. It IS hard to get used to!