Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Beco baby carrier

Last week I ventured out with both of the girls to a maternity shop near the house. Last Sunday we had taken a trip to Edaville Railroad and I realized how much easier the entire day would have been if I could have found my Maya sling I had used with Arianna. But alas, its gone into the abyss that is our basement.

Well I needed another one. I had alot of 'issues' with the Maya sling and wanted to try on some others before I purchased this time so we went to an actual maternity/parenting shop to try some on.

I was introduced to the Beco 'Butterfly' baby carrier pictured here. It holds up to 45 lbs. so technically I could carry Arianna in it until she's 10 (I jest but in reality her non-weight gain is frustrating to us).

It's not cheap at $140 but its easy to get baby in and out of and Daria seems to like it, plus, unlike the Maya sling it frees up BOTH of my hands and feels very secure. The directions say you can nurse an infant in it but I fail to see how so for now I'll just continue to take her out to do that.

So anyway, highly recommended!

2 comments:

Shonda Little said...

I could still carry my giant boys in that.
Also, kudos on your daughter's name. Iove Arianna.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, which one did you get? All the fabrics are beautiful! :)