Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 15, 2008

Making the grade!

My mom is still in the hospital. The PICC line went bad and now her entire arm looks like one big bruise. What should have been day surgery has turned into a week in the hospital. To top it all off, if they can't place the PICC line she'll end up going to a rehab facility for 3 months.

Take care of your teeth folks - don't let this happen to you!

Anyway... I couldn't let an entire week go by without seeing her so I drove up to their house and drove into Boston with my Dad. This, of course, is no small feat.

She asked me to bring the kids but I really don't like the idea of bringing a toddler, who is getting over a cold, into a hospital - especially a kid that gets sick so easily. My problem wasn't with her anyway, she could easily stay home with dad - it was Daria. She's not taking a bottle well and I was worried about needing to feed her. My mom said to bring her. Um... no! She's 3 weeks old?! Why would I bring a newborn who's battling a cold to a hospital with sick people?!

So visiting her was going to be difficult. Well, Shawn was up to the task of handling the two of them AND bottling feeding Daria.

Our visit was nice and Mom really appreciated us coming by - she really didn't want us to leave, she's really bored there but parking is $12/hr. in the garage so we couldn't stay long.

Shawn did well, even doing a few small chores I asked - Daria drank 4 oz. from a bottle! Of course, now nursing isn't going all that great so I'll be devoting lots of time to nursing and avoiding time away from her for a while - she's not ready to transition between the two yet.

And yes, hubby thinks that shirt he's wearing is hillarious. I, on the other hand, plan on throwing it out when he's not looking...

No comments: