Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Oh, there's a word for it?

A child who is otherwise well, who cries or is fussy several hours a day, especially from 6 pm to 10 pm, with no apparent reason, may have colic. Also, babies with colic may burp frequently or pass a significant amount of gas, but this is thought to be due to swallowing air while crying, and is not a cause of colic.

I'm so glad to know it has a name! How wonderful its been studied!

Someone want to come over and babysit from 8pm - 12am now?

...please...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember at one point they were thinking colicy babies might be lactose intolerant. Don't know if that's still the theory. But yes, colic has been around from the beginning of time and it SUCKS.

And this from someone without kids.
-Rachel

WeeOnesMommy said...

Hey Jen...

Morgan was my first and only colic baby.. YES she is the one who made chuck say NO MORE KIDS.. :(
She cried for hours at a time for no reason. I tried everything.
I even tried different formulas and once she got onto Gentlese by Enfamil it helped some, but my true saving was this stuff called Gripe Water.. You can get it at Walgreens and it's about $11 a bottle but let me tell you it saved me from going nuts.. With 3 little ones and one that was just miserable every second she was awake I was glad I found it.
It took a little bit but it was like night and day, and this coming from a person who had a colic baby for 6 months... With out it I'd be in a padded room.. lol
Research it on line..
and yes you can post pics of my kids on your blog.. Make sure you send them to me. I will put mine up today.
ttys
J
PS did you get your box?

Jen said...

We went through this with Brooke for about a month...it seemed like it would never end! Her time was usually between 7pm and 10pm. NOTHING would calm her down. The only thing that got me through those evenings was knowing that when 10:00 rolled around, she would take her last bottle for the night and be out sleeping for about 4 hours. Hope this passes quickly for you all!