Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Homeschooling surprise...

Today my father came to the house to use our computer to check a few things online. He stayed much longer than I thought he would and we talked about lots of things. Somehow the subject got to homeschooling and he surprised me with his support of the concept. I was so excited I immediately started talking about what we're doing with Arianna and how we were thinking about continuing it past preschool if all goes well.

I was very pleased that he thought it was a great idea. I've been so reluctant to mention anything to my parents because of what I thought their reaction would be. I'm glad to learn I was wrong about them...

3 comments:

WeeOnesMommy said...

parents always surprise us.. speaking of which, you may be getting one soon.. teehee

good seeing you on sunday, we will have to get together again..

ttys
Jess

Anonymous said...

I have been reading about your homeschooling plans and wondered how far you will do this? Is this a plan for just preschool or do you think that you will continue it?

Jennifer said...

Hi anonymous,

I actually don't have any plans beside preschool right now.

Homeschooling requires a big commitment, both financially and emotionally and we will be constantly reevaluating our position on it as the kids get older.

I would like to continue it as long as possible but I'm not committing to anything just yet. I may find I really dislike being home with my kids or the current economic climate leads hubby without a job etc.

Plus, I'm still learning about the school 'climate' in my hometown. Now that I'm not on bedrest I can finally get to some of the information meetings the various homeschooling groups hold to help me learn more.