Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Second rate?

Daria was a surprise to us - my 'mommy intuition' told me she was a boy. Her ultrasound pictures showed a very different baby (facial features TOTALLY different from her sisters) and she was in the 90th+ percentile for growth starting at 24 weeks - it had to be a boy right? You can imagine my surprise when hubby announced "It's a girl!" in the delivery room - I think I actually said "Really?" in between tears of joy (because my baby was actually crying this time).

But because we didn't find out the gender ahead of time we didn't buy ANYTHING for her. We had everything we'd need for a new baby from Arianna's baby days. We figured if it was a girl we'd be more than all set for clothes as Arianna has bags and bags of clothes she never even wore, and if it was a boy at least the nursery would be all set as the walls were already painted a deep blue.

Well today is the day we try to put her as a priority. We had nothing new for her and I felt she was getting 'second rate' treatment before she was even born - now I'm trying to make up for it.

She needs a room now. She's a 'noisy sleeper' and I don't work well sleep deprived. As soon as she is sleeping through the night she's going in her room. I pray she follows her sisters route and is sleeping through the night by 4 months! But, she doesn't have a room. Right now its chock full with junk.

We have 2 desks, a 5 draw file cabinet, twin sized bed, 5 shelf bookcase, ironing board and all of Arianna's 'new to her' furniture in there - we can barely open the door without bumping into something.

So today we cleaned up Arianna's room and consolidated space. We have enough room in there now to move all her 'new to her' furniture (courtesy of one of my awesome coworkers! Thanks Sally!) into her room and move all the other pieces into the basement, somewhere.

Then we get to paint. I'm secretly happy Daria was a girl when it comes to decorating and dressing - I get to paint pink! Ya! I'm really looking forward to doing it up 'right' for a girl. Arianna's room is a nice purple-ish blue that technically is unisex but a baby boy was in the room prior to her.

This is the theme her room is going to be. I'm also going to alter some letters that spell her name to go on the wall and hope to get a 'wall quote' for her room also.

Now, if I could only figure out a way to recover the glider rocker that was a gift when Arianna was born I'd be super happy because its seen 'better days'...

No comments: