Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 05, 2008

A change I can live with!

I'm so blessed.

In addition to my wonderful 'take home kid', she is breastfeeding well. Her latch still needs some work but I'm hoping its something she will learn on her own in the next week or so (if not, then I'll be taking a trip to the LC again).

What's nice about having a kid that breastfeeds normally is that... I DON'T NEED THE DANM BREAST PUMP.

And the nice side effect of that is that I'm not 'overproducing' milk! By the time Arianna came home from the NICU I had enough frozen milk for 5 freakin' months of straight bottle feeding - and that was following the traditional pumping schedule of every 3 hours - I'm just a g'danm cow I guess.

So needless to say I had HUGE knockers early in Arianna's life. I was an H/I cup and it really wrecked havoc on my self esteem - I felt huge and fat and hated it.

This time since Daria eats well at the breast and I don't need to overproduce to fill her needs, I'm not huge up top - yes, I'm still big, but not much bigger than I was when I was pregnant and I can totally live with that.

This is totally a change I can live with - just hope they don't get too much bigger as she grows and gets bigger!

No comments: