Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 29, 2007

And life goes on...


Hey, just realized I'm at over 100 blog posts... go me!

Arianna is just now leaving her follow up ear tube appointment with Daddy. It went well and she sees the ENT again in December and we hope/pray for no more ear infections.

The last few weeks have been hard eating wise and its taken a real shift in what I consider normal. We started Arianna on solid foods later than most kids. This was due to her limited milk intake (20 oz. per day), her reflux and her prematurity. She didn't start on a consistant 'solid food' diet until she was almost 10 months old. From that time to just recently she was a very good 'solid food' eater. The only time she would be bad was when she was sick, which was, unfortuantely, frequently. When she wasn't sick it was like she was making up for lost time - eating 8 jars of stage 2 and 3 baby foods, per day! It was amazing.

For 7 weeks now Arianna has been sickness free. This is her personal best. The first 3 weeks of that she was doing catch up from the rotavirus attack and was eating 7/8 jars of baby food a day - she got chubby pretty quickly!

The last 2/3 weeks she's be asserting her 'toddler independence' and will only eat a spoonful or two from a jar of baby food. She wants to feed herself but still gags on foods but I'll give her something and she'll take a bit or two and throw it to the floor. That will be a meal - a few spoon fulls of baby food and a few bites of table food.

This is making my 'mommy gland' spaz. My 'mommy gland' says the kid who was labeled FTT (yes, that label is gone, like I thought it would be) needs to eat 7/8 jars of baby food a day. But in reality, according to everything I've been reading, this is not the case. Grazing is very normal and she's doing fine - not losing weight and maintaining her new 'chubbiness'. I just have to realize she's a normal toddler and doing just fine... I just have to tell that to my 'mommy gland' and make it understand...



Oh and me? I'm wearing a size large shirt today (usually an XL due to my chest) and a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans. I didn't loose anything last week (.2, ha!) and so far the scale hasn't budged this week, but the clothes are fitting well!

No comments: