Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 01, 2007

We're BUSY!


This weekend will be so busy for us!

Friday
  • Work - take my 30 minute walk and make grocery list for Shawn who is home with Arianna today.
  • Get home and do two things: 1. Make salad 2. Finish birthday video and make 6 copies.
  • Go to Megan's to meet nanny and have cookout - I'm making a YUMMY mandarin orange salad and bringing burgers/buns.
  • Go to my parents and carpool to Dedham to visit with family coming in from out of state and show video
  • Arrive home and put on self tanner for tomorrow
Saturday
  • Wake up early and clean house
  • Go to Toys r Us & Babies r Us to use $150 gift card to buy umbrella stroller and lots of new toys for Arianna
  • Go to Sears to use cash to buy new patio set.
  • Take Arianna down the bike path for a good 3 hours, this will allow her to hopefully get more rest than normal - we have to keep her up late
  • Go home and take showers/baths and get dressed/ready for...
  • Go to Nana's 80th birthday party at the country club in Qunicy from 7 - 11PM - meet over 100 of our extended family friends - bring pack n' play to allow Arianna to sleep.
Sunday
  • Wake up early and pack everything up for day at the beach.
  • Go to Orleans, MA, to my aunts summer house, and enjoy a leisurely cookout/beach day.
  • Arrive home tired, exhausted and fulfilled from a fun weekend.
We have a very busy weekend! Tonight we're meeting Megan's nanny and having a quick cookout. We're bringing dinner - hamburgers and a large mandarin orange summer salad. Shawn and I are arriving in separate cars because I have to drive immediately to my parents home in order to carpool with them up to Dedham.

Tomorrow is my grandmother's 80th birthday party. It's a surprise party and my aunt from CA and uncle from Texas with their 6 kids are arriving today for the next 5 days. We rarely have all 16 of us grandkids in one place! I've been working, for the past few months, on a video/slideshow of her life. I just finished setting the music this morning and I must say - it turned out amazing and moved me to tears, its strange how music can do that. Tonight I go to Dedham, where everyone will be meeting (minus Nana, of course) to show them the video prior to the 'big event'. I'm sure they will be just as amazed by it.

Saturday we need to keep Arianna well rested as the party runs from 7 AM - 11 PM.

We have alot of running around to do in the morning. I want to go to Toys r Us/Babies r us to spend a gift card Shawn's mother sent. We're going to get a smaller umbrella stroller that will primarily be kept at my mother's house and a bunch of toys that will suit her new developmental age - a lot of the fisher price laugh and learn toys, an inflateable baby pool, some bath toys (maybe that would make bath time better??) and some traditional wooden blocks. Then we'll head over to Sears to buy our new patio set! Its called the Veranda Collection and the table, four chairs with chair pads, umbrella and umbrella base come under $600! We've even saved the money so we'll be paying cash - how awesome is that?! Even though our snowball has melted we're not racking up debt!

Then Shawn needs to go into the office so I'm going to take Arianna on a long walk by the Blackstone river, for at least 3 hours - its a paved bike/walking path and its so serene and peaceful - we love it. Arianna usually sleeps and very much enjoys going on long walks so it'll be perfect to keep her rested.

Then we head back to the house and all take showers, get buffed up and dressed to the 9's to head off to the party. I'm really excited for it. I've lost a noticeable amount of weight, I'm actually the lowest I've been since October 2005 and fit into clothes that haven't seen the light of day since that long - all good news! I can't wait to show myself off in my little black dress. Arianna is lucky enough to get a nice new outfit from grandma and grandpa - she'll be ÜBER cute too! With all the people there I'm sure she'll be wonderful, but we'll bring the pack n' play just in case she needs to nap.

We won't be home until very late and need to be at my aunts summer house in Orleans, MA for a cookout/beach day on Sunday if the weather cooperates. This will give everyone - Nana included - a chance to catch up, talk and enjoy everyone company. I'm sure it'll be just as fun. I only hope Arianna is rested enough to not be a grump!

This weekend will be so much fun! I hope everyone has as much fun!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Where is it that you live? You've mentioned a number of places on the south shore of MA which is where I lived from 4th - 12th grade. My parents and younger brother still live in Stoughton and my older brother lives in Boston. Small world!

Jennifer said...

I'm next to Attleboro, MA in Cumberland, RI - my parents live in Foxboro, MA (not far from Stoughton) and most of my family lives just outside Boston(where I was born) in Quincy. My aunt owns a house in Orleans and lots of family lives in Hngham, Weymouth, Scituate area.