Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Optifast Update










I'm very over due on my optifast update, so here goes.

I'm starting week 8. 2 months on optifast and it's going very well - I'm nearly at the 50% mark. Last week was a rough weigh in for me as I gained .3. I didn't know that was possible when eating only 800 calories a day... but I found out why. I have a problem, had it a long time. I have low blood pressure (88/54) which is exacerbated by this diet, but I can live with it and my doctors (including the physician running the program) have given me the a-ok. Low blood pressure can also be affected by change in nutrition, which this diet obviously has. I get dizzy standing up but have for ages so I wasn't too concerned about it, but the physician running the diet told me to add bullion to my diet - which I had for a week, at lunch. Just regular old bullion cubes in hot water. Bullion has alot of salt in it, which will help raise your blood pressure. Didn't work for me but did make me retain quite a bit of fluid - so no loss. This week I got 4.7 out of my efforts, and I didn't 'do' bullion.

My clothes are falling off. I really need to get some new clothes. I went to the cedar closet and got the big tub of my pre-pregnancy clothes and gasped as I tried to put them on. No, they didn't fit. What I gasped at was the sizes. How on gods green earth did I fit into size 4 shorts!! I started this diet at a size 14! I'd love to get back there but don't see it happening. I can't really afford to buy new clothes so I'm trying to make due with the 3 or 4 pairs of pants I have. When I was breastfeeding Arianna I was an H bra cup (yes... it was not fun). When I finished I was a DD/E cup and now I fit into a D. This means I can buy bras in regular stores instead of having to order them. I think I look thinner just because my bust isn't so huge and this makes me very happy.

As far as exercise... I don't get enough. I just don't have time. Arianna requires alot of our time and when I get home there is NO way I can do what I need to do for her and go to the gym. Add to that the fact that there is no gym close by and its not going to happen. We do alot of walking, instead.

I walk at work 4 days a week for 30 minutes. Its a brisk walk and more than half is at a pretty good incline. Some days I'm one of only a few people walking and other days you get hordes of people, walking en masse, down the street. Lately it's been just me and a few dedicated others. I have my mp3 player (no, not an Ipod that has been shown to mess with similar cardiac devices), so I sort of zone out and walk. I really enjoy my walks, it breaks up my day. You can hear me singing up the street!

Food wise its going ok. Just ok though. For this week, for instance I haven't had my fruit serving. On the weekends I typically forget a shake and I go over on my meat portions more often than not. But I try.

Although I'm enjoying the weight loss journey, I am looking forward to getting back on food again - October 1 can't come fast enough!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Hi I am wondering how it is going now. Did you finish optifast and transition back to regular food ?


How are you feeling?