Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Scrapbooking


I'm a scrapbooker.

I learned about scrapbooking while taking a summer class - public speaking. We all had to make speeches and one week the topic was to speak about our hobbies. Mine speech was actually about cross stitching, another hobby I've had since I was a little girl.

One of the girls did a speech on scrapbooking - she showed how easy it was etc. That was 6 years ago and I still remember how cool I thought it was.

I left class that Saturday, went to Michaels and purchased nearly EVERYTHING they had to start my own scrapbooking collection/hobby.

I haven't looked back either. A few years ago I even got my own (extremely expensive) cutting machine, the Xyron Wishblade. I love it! Eventually along the way I got into card making and rubber stamping and am equally addicted. I think I could easily open a store with all my scrapbooking supplies. I'm in the process of trying to bulk up my paper/cardstock supplies again as most of them were ruined in the great basement flood.

The past few days I've been working on a swap I'm in - a swap is where you make a scrapbook page (minus the photos) and swap it for one someone else made. There are 9 people in the swap so I've made 9, 2 page layouts and will be swapping it tomorrow. I made several really cool die cuts with my wishblade and the pages are going to be awesome when they're finally done.

Anyone else scrapbook?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

ME, me!! I LOVE to scrapbook, but unfortunately with the girls' arrivals I haven't had much time to the last couple years. I am still finishing Isaac's first year. I am jealous as I WANT one of those cutters. I am somewhat limited as I do most stuff by hand right now, but still love it! ANYWAY, just thought I'd leave my comment:)