Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 20, 2007

18 months check up...


So Arianna had her 18 month check up today. I was very anxious to see how she did the last few months with gaining weight. This summer has been fabulous for her - not sick even once and developmental explosions left and right.

We worked SO hard to get her to gain weight after being labeled failure to thrive in May. It worked, she lost the label and got back on her curve putting her at 25% for her ACTUAL age :)

Today I put her on the scale and she was only 20.0 lbs

Yes, that means she only put on 4 oz. in 3 months. Yes, she grew 2 inches but she slipped from the 25th percentile to the 2nd percentile and has THAT label again...

He doesn't want to do anything until he sees her again but I'm so sad.

She eats well, not great. She eats a wide variety of things but in any one sitting she doesnt' eat much. She looks chubby but when she bends over you can see her spine and ribs through her back and that scares me.

I hate that THAT label reflects on us as parents - even if its unjust. We try hard. She drinks pediasure like its going out of style and we give her lots of full fat foods and she's still not putting on weight.

But she's happy and healthy otherwise... so I guess I should look on the bright side...

No comments: