Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 15, 2007

I guess we should consider ourselves lucky...

...that Arianna isn't lactose intolerant.

I got a call this morning from my husband to say good morning. I immediately asked how Arianna was doing on their trip and he said she just had breakfast. He gave her the phone and she's actually 'talking' to me now. She's got some pretty sophisticated baby babble going on and in the midst of that I hear "hello mama... glroo ba ba gloo ba". Melted my heart I tell ya.

At any rate I asked Shawn what she had for breakfast and she had yogurt and a piece of toast with cream cheese.

Every day this week she's had huge helpings of macaroni and cheese and ice cream (the only things she'll eat unlimited amounts of). Snacks have consisted of string cheese. Lunch is usually mac n cheese or a grilled cheese sandwhich. She'll eat raisins and I top her ice cream with some kind of fruit baby food. I try to hide some vegetables in her macaroni but she never seems to get enough. She used to eat hot dogs with her mac n cheese but now spits them out.

She has 3 bottles of pediasure a day and at least 3 bottles of whole milk.

Boy, are we lucky she's not lactose intolerant... seriously. I feel for any preemie parent that has to deal with feeding issues and lactose allergies!

No comments: