Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 30, 2007

I really love...

...getting good news!

Yesterday I took Arianna to a follow up appointment with Dr. Donahue her eye doctor. We last saw him in May.

The appointment was for 3 PM and I had the nanny drop her off at my work for 2:15. I figured that would give me plenty of time to navigate the disaster that is I-195 and find my way through Wayland Square.

I got off the exit at 2:30, I was actually going to be early, for once! Not so... as I would spend the next 25 minutes navigating the streets around Brown University to TRY and find my way to the doctors office. I just can't break my 'late for my own party' streak...

I'll start out by saying my girl is such a tropper. She cried when the drops were put into her eyes (more so because we held her down) but was a perfect ANGEL from then on. She played nicely in the waiting room and sat quietly on my lap when Dr. Donahue met with us.

She's my hero. Especially considering there was a 7 year old girl in the waiting room who was in absolute TEARS for 15 minutes after they put the drops in her eyes - and wanted to be picked up by mommmy.

The best news? No signs of a turn in any way/shape/form and if its not evident in another 6 months, we're free and clear!!! He was very surprised her eyes were doing so well.

I couldn't be happier!

No comments: