Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Reunion?


So my 10 year high school reunion is coming up on Saturday. I'm still debating if I'll go despite recruiting as many of my high school acquaintances, whom i still talk to, to go with me... all 3 of them.

At least its not at my hometown's VFW post any more... I mean how low brow can you go?

Do I really want to spend my Saturday night with a bunch of people I couldn't stand in high school? Anyone I wanted to talk to I kept in touch with and how much do people REALLY change in just 10 years? I went to my 5 year reunion and the little social groups were still there and still snobbish (is that a word?).

On the other hand I have NOTHING else planned...

Wish me luck...

4 comments:

Laura said...

honestly, i was the least popular nobody in my high school: red hair, bad acne, a funny last name (Butts), the ultimate child of white trailer trash and throwing off the grading curve just because i could and din't care...yup, i was begging to be beat up.
seriously, i finally went back to my 20th and then, 25th and i am so glad that i did. time passes and all those cliques and what we believed to matter most back then really didn't matter at all. my most surreal moment was sharing a deep conversation with the voted most beautiful girl and we both lamenting that we wish we were friends in high school because we are truly soul mates...go figure, the ugly girl and most beautiful!
if you go i will keep lots of thoughts and prayers reserved for you to be confident, proud, beautiful and to just have some fun because no one deserves it more than you!

Jennifer said...

Gosh, you're gonna make me cry! Thanks for the kind words. I'm still debating, hoping to see what my friends say before I commit, but I do want to go!

Jessica said...

Just went to my 10 year. The ten year is still a cliquey bragfest, but I've heard the 20 year is supposed to be really fun:) It was ok though. Ours was at the Legion. Totally classy. LOLOL

Jennifer said...

OMG - at the Legion!? hahaha
I think your class officers talk to mine!