Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 12, 2007

Bigger Annoyances


Yep... the little annoyance has become a much bigger annoyance, in the form of a sinus infection. Fun!

I've actually never had one before so I wasn't sure thats what it was, but on the ride up to Foxboro to pick up Arianna I thought I'd do the only 'test' I know - press on my cheekbones and see if they hurt. Yep, a dull pain that lasts for quite a few minutes. So I pick her up and head home. Shawn and I had decided to order a pizza for dinner so we could maxamize our 'house cleaning time' - so after he ordered the pizza (which would take an hour to get delivered) I went to the Urgent Care clinic in Lincoln.

I really like the area we live in. I love Lincoln - its a yuppy town. I like yuppy because at least you know you get people that care about how they look and act. Unlike Cranston.

Our apartment in Cranston was great for us. It was HUGE and was close to the highway. It was great for us when we were DINKs (dual-income, no kids) as we could jump in the car and go and still have a nice big apartment for the entertaining we rarely did (but had big aspirations to... of course). But the downside was that we were on the Providence line (shared a zipcode) and had the highway in our front yard. A little after 4 months of living there Shawn's car was broken into and someone stole the radio. Down the street was one of the most popular restaurants in the state and the traffic (especially in the summer) was horrendous. The house next door was owned by the City as city housing, and after the 10 year tenants left a woman with two kids moved in that had a boyfriend who was obnoxious and loud. Our lack of privacy was astounding. Plus, at 27 years old I was ready for something to call my own.

Cumberland has fit the bill nicely, and frankly I really like being a yuppy.

I was the only person at the urgent care clinic, the entire visit was less than 10 minutes. I dropped off my zithromax perscription at the pharmacy and was home just as the pizza delivery guy was leaving.

The best part of all was that Arianna was down for bed as I got home - dinner in peace. Its strange what being a yuppy parent has made me appreciate.

No comments: