Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Time to focus on me


I've been in a real funk the last month or so. Arianna and her 'issues' were getting overwhelming for a while. She still has a bad cold and we're still on house arrest - she goes no where (yet still manages to get sick!) and I need something new to focus on.

We've been focusing on finances for so long that I need a new motivator. So why not work on weight... *sarcasm* cause I've never concentrated on that before . *end sarcasm* In reality I haven't been as diligent as I should be. Since gong part time, in order to keep up with our debt reduction plan, we slashed all extras - including my personal trainer Andrew, who I had been working out with for almost 2 years (minus pregnancy). Since then I've put on five pounds and feel super frumpy. So I'm setting a new goal to lose 20 lbs. This of course, is nothing compared to the 70 lbs. I lost while on the optifast diet. But I'm not willing to let my weight get up 220 again, so that I can qualify for the diet (oh god, shoot me like a dead horse if I get anywhere near 200 again). Also, the fact that I spent almost $2k on it is not an option - so I'm going to have to do it myself, and there is no reason why I can't!

When I go back to work full time in April we will join the YMCA and I can get back to exercising at least 3 days a week but in the mean time I can watch what I eat - which has been seriously lacking lately.

I have really needed a new 'thing' to focus on, and its about time it was me for a change! I've started a new blog to help me stay motivated, you can read it here.

Wish me luck!

No comments: