Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 23, 2007

I think its time to breakdown...


and get a new pair of glasses.

I had THICK THICK glasses as a little kid. Bifocals about an 1" thick and if I wasn't wearing them my cross eye was SO bad that you couldn't tell where I was actually looking.

When I was 14 I went to the eye doctor with the anticipation of getting a new prescription and instead they told me that I would not need them anymore.

Well, that was almost 15 years ago and its time to 'bite the bullet'. I'm very near sighted in one eye, and slightly far sighted in the other - so they actually 'cancel each other out' pretty well. I haven't needed them for day to day use. But now its getting harder and harder to spend long days in front of the computer and I'm getting headaches. I don't know whats keeping me - I actually really like glasses.

My headaches actually could be from other things. I was in two car accidents (not my fault, damn RI drivers) within just a few weeks that gave me bad whiplash and I had a 'slammer' canopy opening (and lots of bad landings) while skydiving that did alot of damage to my neck and shoulder muscles. I've been seeing a chiropractor for this problem for MONTHS - its taking a long time to feel close to normal again.

I went to my chiropractor last night and was surprised to see new doctors there. I joked with the receptionist that it was about time Dr. MacEwen got some 'help', and she told me that he had a stroke and they had replacement doctors until they see how he does. This man ran marathons and played hockey! He's not heavy but does have a stressful job - he's only 54! His son does ART therapy (the only reason I go to this office) and I tried to express how sorry I was to hear what happened - but I guess he's doing well. He's at a rehab hospital and starting to regain use of his limbs. I just can't imagine him coming back to full time chiropractic. I made a nice 'thinking of you' card last night and plan to mail it to his hospital room today.

At any rate his waiting room was completely empty last night - which was a treat as I usually wait for more than an hour. His replacement, Dr. Welt, was quick! And, much better than Dr. MacEwen, sadly. I've only seen two chiropractors in my life, one was for one of the car accidents and she was pathetic - and Dr. MacEwen who did wonders for my hips after a really bad skydiving accident (skydiving isn't that dangerous if you do it right, I didn't when I was first starting out) and I stuck it out. Well, right after Dr. Welt did my adjustment I could actually turn my head completely. I don't have to be scared to drive my car anymore! Afterwards Chris (Dr. MacEwen's son) came in to do ART on my neck and shoulder muscles and I left feeling really good. I'm getting another headache today but I think its because I'm sitting at the computer all day today at work. I see him again on Monday and I'm very excited. I was getting disappointed at the lack of progress with my neck but I was very pleased with Dr. Welt!

Arianna is with my mom today, and she said she's spent the majority of the day crying. I don't know why - she seems to be great with us. I hope this separation anxiety phase doesn't extend to grandma and grandpa - that will be really hard on them. I wonder if its her reflux though - although, again, she's good at home. At her pediatrician appointment Monday I was told that the dose of Axid she was on (which hasn't been increased in months) is no where NEAR a therapeutic dose and we should double it. Woah... thats why she sometimes wakes up smelling like puke, good to know. So we increased it on Thursday (after trying a day off of it completely) to 3 ml's twice a day. She doesn't smell like puke anymore and seems very happy - she was such a cute/fun kid yesterday! Only my mom calls me to tell me that she's been crying alot. This makes me so sad, they do so much for her, I hope she doesn't give them grief. My Dad actually stayed home from work on Tuesday (Ari's first day back with them) just so he could spend it with her! My mom was very serious when she told Shawn that he is much better with her, better than with his own kids (which is an understatement...).

My aunt Donna is donating a new couch to us, which my Dad is taking us to get tomorrow. We're splurging Saturday night - my brother and his girlfriend invited 20+ people to a big birthday celebration at Maggiano's in the North End of Boston. The night will probably cost us $100 but it'll be worth it. My parents agreed to watch Arianna (all night!! WOO HOO!!), and let her sleep over so we'll be 'good to go'. It should be fun.

Sunday I have my friend Becca coming over to play with all my new scrapbooking toys.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have reallyyy thick glasses . im 20 and im getting a lens implant on my eyes. im a -25.