Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 05, 2007

Southwick Zoo


Yesterday Shawn and I went to Wrights Farms with our friends Steve and Sandy. We ate like kings and Sandy and I bought some fudge in the gift shop to take back to their house. I rode back with Sandy and Shawn with Steve.

Sandy is the bird handler at Southwick's Zoo - it was actually where she was just prior to meeting us at the restaurant. I always love to hear her talk about her job and all the neat different animals. Personally I've never been to Southwick's but its close and told her how I'd love to take Arianna (who was spending that day with grandma and grandpa - away from all the germs at the restaurant) in the summer. So we took a detour on the way home - to the zoo!

The zoo isn't open this time of year, but they have year round staff to tend to the animals. She drove right into the zoo and parked at the barn. We went into the first door which led to her birds. Lots of beautiful birds there! Macaws, hawks, parrots. Beautiful birds! These birds have also done quite a bit to Sandy - one bit her thumb so bad they thought she would lose it, another bit her arm and gave her a horrible blood infection - so you have to be careful! I opted to leave them alone. Next to the birds were the marsupials - kangaroos and a few others I can't remember. Then we went up stairs to the primate section. We are greated by 5 spider monkeys! They are so cool!!! I want one! They have various other monkeys and baboons - they're all so cool. In the back they had some African porcupines (I got a quill!) and some of the biggest turtles I have every seen that weren't sea turtles. Then as we were leaving we stopped in the giraffe pen and I got to climb the ladder to see them - they are beautiful! Then out the back door to see the moutain goats, donkeys and peacocks! It was such a cool trip! I'm looking forward to going back in the summer when its warmer!

After we picked up Arianna we went to Home Depot and BJs. Shawn picked up the carpet pad and some caulking for the basement window and a down spout extender for the gutter. I went into BJs to see about ordering some party platters for Arianna's birthday on Sunday -but they don't do that there. Oh well!

In bed by 10 PM and woke up at 7 AM. Today has been adventurous so far - Ari is in constant need of attention so its a miracle I'm sitting at the computer right now! She'll get a bath and a nap so I can get things done around the house and we're leaving about noon to go to the Wrentham Outlets to meet my friend Karen for lunch. I hope to find a dress for Arianna's birthday at the Carter's outlet!

Shawn has his second interview at a BIG lawfirm in Providence. It seems they have no issue with what he was asking for for pay, so I hope it goes well. It would be a nice pay bonus! Wish him luck!

No comments: