Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 12, 2007

Wicked Witch of the West


Shawn's mother, Sarah, arrived from CA Saturday night.

I chose this picture very much in jest as I love my mother-in-law very much; usually more than my own mother.

Her flight arrived at 9:48 PM and as Arianna would be in bed Shawn went alone to pick her up. They got to the house about 10:30 and of course, she made a beeline to Arianna's room to check in on her, even though she'd be fast asleep. I think it took alot of will power to keep her from grabbing the sleeping angel out of bed and scooping her into her arms!

Having Sarah here is very much a wonderful treat for all of us. She's the type of person that you love to be around - she'll do everything! She's bubbly, personable, friendly and always happy. She wants to keep Arianna occupied 24/7 (which is fine by us!) and she started Sunday morning with gifts of money for all 3 of us ($100 a piece!!) . She's just that type of person.

After Arianna's party Sarah kept her busy while we cleaned up and even rocked her to sleep. Shawn had gone to Newbury Comics and spent his gift on some vinyl, CDs and a copy of the second season of "The Bob Newhart Show" (ya, I'm a little confused by that too). So while Sarah was putting the baby to bed Shawn was able to watch his videos and I was able to finish my scrapbook swap - it was like a mini vacation.

The best part of all? She's sending us to a hotel Thursday night. We're going out to dinner and a movie (which we haven't done in over a year) and sleeping in devine comfort and waking in peace in a hotel room. I'm sure we'll find some moment of fun in the hotel room too! Words can't describe how much I'm looking forward to this. I definitely think we'll find new appreciation for each other there.

I only wish we could see her more often! We love being spoiled too!

No comments: