Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

25th percentile!

Yesterday Arianna had her one year pediatrician appointment.

She weighed in at 18 lbs. and 28". First off, wow, I'm shocked. She was on the cusp of 17 lbs. not too long ago and I totally didn't expect to top off at 18 lbs. She's exactly 25th percentile for her actual age - again, wow. She was in the 2nd percentile at her 9 month appointment.

Pulling her out of daycare, thusly decreasing her sickness (tenfold) and having my mom devote one on one attention (and feeding) has done wonders for her. She goes back to daycare in only 2 weeks... I am so sad.

She has some serious seperation anxiety as of late, and its starting to wear on me. She hadn't seen my parents for about a week due to my mother in law watching her the week of her visit. Today she has been 'making strange' with my mom and seemed to have woken up on the wrong side of the crib this morning. Yesterday I drove with her out to Northampton to visit my best friend Kathy and her new 11 day old son Nathan. Being a nice friend I made lunch for us while Kathy fed the baby. Arianna did this non-stop wailing/crying if I wasn't sitting directly in front of her.

As we were leaving all Kathy could muster was 'well, even though I'm not getting much sleep with a newborn, at least I don't have to deal with that yet'. Sigh.

In alot of ways I think being back in daycare will be good for her - gets her used to other people again.

No comments: