Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 14, 2007

Day 7



Ok, today marks Day 7 and my first weigh-in. I must admit, I'm apprehensive.

I did very well this week, didn't 'cheat' and was active for at least 30 minutes every day. Yet I'd expect most of my clothes to fit better.

I bought a pair of white capri pants that I wore to my parents yesterday (yes, I'm aware its before Memorial Day). They didn't really fit any better and actually I was extremely happy to get them off when we finally got home.

Am I asking too much? Last time I did this I lost 7 lbs. in my first week. I'd hope 7 pounds would make my clothes fit better, but maybe not. I hope I lose a minimum of 6, any less and I think I'd be disappointed. I hate being disappionted in my weigh loss efforts. I know my expectations are, in general, too high but seeing as I'm eating 800 - 900 calories a day and this is my first week I'd expect a large loss. I really hope I'm right. I want a big loss to set the stage for the rest of this program.

My first week went well, despite the raging hunger the first 2 days. I'm getting back into the swing of fasting and don't find myself searching for food much and if I do its not because I'm hungry. A small apple (I'm allowed one fruit a day) I find really fills me up!

I did have two big 'tests' over the weekend.

On Saturday we were invited to my husbands friends mother's birthday at a local restaurant (that I love) and there were 7 appetizers, which I ignored. Hot buttered rolls, also ignored despite that being the only itemed I craved this week. Death by chocolate cake (taken home), that was ignored too - although it may have caused a problem if I didn't sit Shawn in front of both pieces and demand he eat them. I probably would have gone through the trash for the boxes they were in. Yes, its that good. I had a small chicken breast, spinach (which I normally dislike, strongly), and broccoli - all plain. I enjoyed it and stuck to my diet!

Sunday was dinner at my parents. My dad can't help it - he loves food and wants people to enjoy food when they come to his house to eat. Despite my father's kind gestures I managed to avoid the extra 3 oz. on my steak and the baked potato he made for me. I made a large salad and brought my own dressing. I think I ate too many vegetables - I hope that won't count against me, especially the day before weigh in. I avoid the apple pie and even avoided licking the spoon after getting some ice cream for Arianna - talk about willpower!

Wish me luck!

No comments: