Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I've been less than perfect...


I don't think I ever explained how this Optifast diet works:

1. 3 shakes a day (all of which are nutritionally complete). I buy pre-made shakes in juice boxes for work, 2 per day. Then I buy shake powder and mix that in a blender with some Polar diet double fudge soda and ice (sometimes I'll add peppermint extract for chocolate mint) for the remaining shake.

2. 1 meal: 5 - 6 oz. of LEAN protein and 3 servings of vegetables (we have a list of which veggies we can have; peas, corn and butternut squash (all my favorites) are BIG no no's)

Thats it. After the first couple of days your body goes into ketosis and you stop feeling hugry.

So today starts diet week 4 and I haven't been great.

No, I haven't been cheating but I've been forgetting my shakes and skimping on my dinners - in other words I haven't been eating much at all. I add the stress of Arianna's illness, the fact that I go it late last week, and this god forsaken nanny search as the catalyst for my current downfall.

On the plus side much of my pants are too big and I know I've lost substancial weight. Due to the holiday there was no weigh in and I know that I'll have lost at least another 10 lbs. when I weight in - which makes me happy.

But being too exhausted to do anything or getting extremely dizzy when I stand up too fast are not good either. I honestly forget to eat - this was never a problem for me before. Whenever I got bored I'd eat... maybe this is a big change, for the better, for me?

I just have to remember to drink all of my shakes and not skimp on my veggies.

No comments: