Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 21, 2007

Nanny Interviews


So we're interviewing 3 candidates this week. I'm out of my league, I'll admit it. I haven't a clue what to ask of a person who will be in my house more hours during the day, on a regular basis, than I ever had.

I found some really helpful links on the Internet of the 'standard' questions to ask which was great. But ours will be slightly different, I think.

We're asking that the nanny do certain housecleaning to keep the baby safe (sweep kitchen floor as she crawls on it and puts everything in her mouth, vacuum all the rugs for same reason, empty/fill dishwasher and wash/fold her clothes) but she will also need to do other things that would be considered out of the 'norm' for a nanny. She will have to give Arianna 3 neb treatments a day (which will stop if she ever gets rid of this chronic cold, she does not have CLD) and she needs to be fed every 3 hours a specific high fat/high calorie diet - which I will need to show her how to make.

I have a list of the standard questions - but what kind of things should I bring up/ask/specify/ stress to these candidates due to her prematurity? I certainly can't ask if they have experience with this before - I know they don't.

2 comments:

Laura said...

may i suggest talking to liz
http://lizmccarthy.blogspot.com/
she might have a clue having a ex preemie with complicate chronic issues and dealing with hired help to care for her girl.

Jennifer said...

I nearly forgot Liz had just changed nanny's. I recall the trouble she had and didn't even think to ask!

Thanks so much for the reminder!!